There are TWO ways to audition for QYWE
To submit a video audition,
please choose one of the following two options:
1) Upload your video to a Google drive that you create and send an invitation link in an email to email@example.com.
2) Create a YouTube channel that is unpublished and send an invitation link in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A video audition can be submitted at any time.
Live auditions are now being scheduled by appointment at Lower Canada College.
Please contact us at email@example.com
to set up an audition time.
- Two (2) contrasting pieces/excerpts, one that demonstrates technical capabilities and another tone and lyricism. Please be sure to bring one extra copy for the adjudicators!
- Sight-reading to be completed at the audition
- Percussionists: Three (3) contrasting excerpts/pieces, one on snare drum, another on a keyboard instrument (xylophone or marimba) and the third on timpani.
On Audition Day
- Your audition time and confirmation of location will be communicated via email.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled audition. A warm-up room will be provided for you.
- Auditions will be no longer than 5 minutes - adjudicators may not hear everything.
- Be careful to observe the metronome markings, dynamics and style indications where indicated.
- Bring an extra copy of your excerpts for the adjudicators.